Thursday 29 November 2007

Take Turns



This is the popular right brain vs left brain test

Look at the picture. If you see the dancer turning clockwise, you use more of the right side of your brain. If you see the dancer turning anti-clockwise, you use more of the left side of your brain.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise and if you focus you can also change direction of the dancer.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking


What do I see?

I find this is yet more proof my brain is not like 99% of the population.

At first glance, I’m thinking….heyyyyyyyy hot heavenly honey. Okay, seriously. On second glance, I see the nubile nymphet nipples turning clockwise (hmmmmmmm imaginative fantasy based right brain for me then). But I can also make the pretty pirouetting princess pivot anti-clockwise. In fact I can literally make the lithe lap-dancing lassie loop any way I want instantly. I can force the fetching fit filly flip-flop back and forth by fluctuating the graceful glamorous girl clockwise and anti-clockwise alternately at Will without the captivating contoured chick ever circumvolve a full 360 degrees.

That to me is out-right proof that one can alter their perception at Will – but only if one wants to.

5 comments:

Moriji said...

I can only see it go clockwise. I guess that makes me unusual?

By the way, did you get my Facebook invite?

Moriji said...

Never mind... I was just able to do it... weird... but I have to concentrate... but making her go clockwise comes most naturally to me...

El Draque said...

It’s cool isn’t it! It’s kind of like the random-dot autostereograms made popular by the Magic Eye series. Once you can see it, you see it. It’s amazing how many people simply can’t rotate the figure the other way even if their life depended on it. muahahahahahahah

I got your Facebook invite but been away a few days. Let me mull over it as I will have to go through the kerfuffle of registering – I have been asked to get my arse onto Facebook several times but I have resisted so far, seeing it as yet another flavour-of-the-season site which I know I will get bored with after a few months. I think I am on almost every flippin’ social network site on the web but barely have time for real life, let alone virtual life and rarely visit them these days.

El Draque said...

Also I find it fascinating how when presented with the exact same thing, people see and interpret differently. Makes me wonder if the way our brains are wired can also have pronounced effects on political persuasions, belief systems etc, independent of environmental factors. But then again the way our brains are wired are due to genetic and environmental factors too.

I find when I discuss topics with people I can readily assess those who are capable of lateral thinking and seeing issues from multiple angles, as opposed to those who see things from a stubborn narrow point of view, regardless of whether I agree with them or not, which is completely irrelevant(!).

Moriji said...

By the way, the reason I brought up Facebook is that I came across it there first. There is a Brain Game module which has that exact spinning girl graphic.

Anyway, I like Facebook better than Myspace. Less buggy, spam, and I've found a ton of schoolmates from ASIJ, lots of them cute Eurasian girls.